Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A little Monet and a lot of fun!

Caroline and I are fortunate to have our friends Madeline and Julie to throw a little culture into our normal routine. Friday they invited us to be their guests at a preview of the Monet exhibit at the High. So, we loaded up early (for us) and headed downtown. It was not the first time I've seen Monet there, but it was the fastest I've seen an exhibit. Two pre-schoolers certainly keep things moving along at the art museum!

You can imagine the deep appreciation they had for the painting behind them.

Fortunately, after looking at the "ba-fas" (While Julie gave Madeline a detailed art history lesson, I taught Caroline the word "flower"), there was a great kids' area where our little butterflies could let loose.

(Haven't her art skills come along nicely?)

Followed by lunch at Doc Chey's, it was a perfect day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

we are so glad that you were able to join us. it wouldn't have been nearly as fun without you guys. and you're right in the last post, watch what you wish for...that monet sticker book has become the bane of my existence and the only thing madeline wants to do!

Lisa said...

I didn't know the High had a kids area. =)

Andria said...

I didn't know you'd been updating!
I just took Dellaina to the High recently and after just a couple rooms she remarked, "I'm ready to go to the lake" until we stumbled across the interactive kids area.

SUMMER said...

SDSFRDERTT