Thursday, May 1, 2008

Caught ya!

I have discovered that keeping Caroline awake from her late evening feeding until her late night feeding makes for a better night's sleep for everyone. She goes down more easily and sleeps longer. Tonight, I had to do a project for work that took a couple of hours. Mike's job: keep Caroline awake. He was kind enough to take her upstairs to watch basketball so I could work in peace. I was impressed at how quiet he had been able to keep her...I didn't hear any crying or anything after they left. When I finished around 11 and headed upstairs, I found this: Real cute now--not so cute when she is wide awake in a couple of hours.

Seriously though, she has been a great nighttime sleeper lately. She recently slept for 7 hours and usually makes it around 5 or 6. So much better than those first few weeks!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Too cute! And you make HIM get up with her in a few hours! =) Josh says he doesn't remember a time when you weren't smiling. He actually kept in touch with Laurie for a little bit, wedding invites/gifts and such, but not lately. It IS a small world, even if we're all just 60 miles from home.

HP said...

Um...I love this picture. A precious daddy/daughter pic!

Anonymous said...

This is definitely a "Kodak moment".....I love it!! Daddy & his little girl look quite contented =) I love those little pants Caroline has on too, always, love those little feet!!!