Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Old McDaniel Had a Farm...

and it's a great place to walk...and it's really close by. Who knew??

My friend, Amy, called today to see if Caroline and I wanted to visit McDaniel Farm Park, a historic farm that's been converted into a park only a few miles away...so we got dressed (in overalls, of course, because what else do you wear to a farm??): and got ready to go. Caroline was pretty excited when I told her where we were going:


She may not have learned a lot...



but I had a great time exploring the old farm and hanging out with Amy and Bryce...

An actual old outhouse with the moon shaped cutout. I wonder why all outhouses have that same shape cutout in the door?

Bryce inspects the stroller wheels while Caroline continues to snooze.

...and we'll go back...Caroline just wouldn't hear of us not!
Next time, maybe we'll go on a Saturday when all the exhibits are open and take Dad with us!

3 comments:

Sandy P said...

Macie has those same overalls! Does Caroline have the matching sweater?

Whitlamy said...

Today was fun! We'll have to do it again sometime. I'm sure there's much more to explore in/around where we live. I can't believe I've lived here 8 years and never knew about that park.

JABraley said...

Cool - I think I might take Madeline there tomorrow...we were trying to figure out what to do and you know I always love a farm :)