Thursday, August 14, 2008

Four Years Ago Today...

I married the love of my life. They say maintaining a healthy marriage is one of the most important ways to parent well. I'm thankful to be married to someone who is as committed to being a good husband as he is to being a good father. We've learned in our four years that life isn't always easy, but there is so so so much to be thankful for! Happy Anniversary, Mike!

And just for fun...
Here's a memory for any of you who attended our wedding...do you remember what prompted these expressions?


Someone said I'd look back in five years and just think it was funny. Well, it's been four, and it still makes me cringe a little. I'll let you know if things have changed next year!

10 comments:

HP said...

Happy Anniversary, Mike and Suzy-Q! You guys are one of my favorite couples. I totally forgot about that DJ you guys had. Maybe he'll still be in business when I get married. :)

Whitlamy said...

Happy anniversary, ya'll!! I do remember the DJ oops and him asking if he could play Michael Jackson (was it?) or someone else totally inappropriate for a Trice/Luke wedding. If it helps, *I* think it's funny four years later.

JABraley said...

Happy Anniversary guys! Hope you get some alone time today :)

Anonymous said...

One look at the expressions on your faces and it all came back to me! hahahahahahaa! Seriously...those expressions tell the whole story.

Your wedding was one of the most fun weddings I have ever attended - don't let DJ Breathalizer get you down!

Anonymous said...

OH...and fourth Happy Anniversary!!!!

Julie said...

Haha - your face is priceless!!

hmferrero said...

happy anniversary! i remember that too. did you ever get your video???

:)

A Cincy Mama said...

*cringing slightly here* wasn't it a rather tinny version of your first dance song? A country one...Keeper of the Stars? I remember it sounded far away...like he recorded it while it was playing somewhere else. Strange.

Happy Anniversary, sweet friends. Lots of happy memories from your ceremony and reception.

Sandy P said...

I must have had a little baby who did not let me sleep much when you got married. I have a very hazy memory, but it is only after reading the other comments.

Josh and Donna said...

happy anniversary!