Wednesday, August 6, 2008

One Half!

Today is Caroline's half birthday. We'll celebrate in a little while with a half cake (which, of course, Caroline will get none of)... It's almost impossible to believe that it was six entire months ago tonight that we were here. At the same time, it's hard to believe that she's only been here for six months. Already, it's hard to remember what life was like before her. It doesn't seem like I could have grown to love her this much in only six months. Mike and I still look at each other almost every day in disbelief that we have this little life to care for. It is humbling, exciting, scary, and wonderful all at the same time. In spite of all the woes and worries that come along with a new baby, this has been the best six months of my life!Happy half birthday, Baby Girl!
We knew we would love you, but we didn't know it would be even half this much fun!

13 comments:

Whitlamy said...

That's a very cute and precious picture at the bottom. I saw the half cake on Francie's site and wondered if that's where you got the idea. It's a GREAT idea!! Happy half Caroline!!

Marianna said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday, Caroline!

hmferrero said...

Love the sideways picture of her in the swing. Very cute.

Happy 1/2 Birthday!

Sandy P said...

I think when Carson was 6 months is when Mike started asking us about #2. Does he still think they should be that close?

Suzanna said...

Uhh, YES, Sandy. We just finished having a conversation where I told him (again) that it was NOT time for number 2 yet...he is so ready, and I am so not!!

A Cincy Mama said...

So, I wasn't expecting to cry when I clicked on your blog tonight. Thanks a lot. Seriously, though...got a bit overwhelmed with love for you and your sweet girl. 6 mths. Happy day, Baby Caroline. I love you!

A Cincy Mama said...

and you look terribly cute sideways in your swing.

HP said...

Um...you gonna eat the other half of that half-birthday cake?

Stephanie said...

Happy Half Birthday, Caroline! Super cute cake, Suzanna! :)

Valerie said...

Happy Half Birthday Caroline! And Suzanna, just wait for the next half of the year... if you thought these 6 months were fun, you will be amazed at the six.

Alison said...

Happy half birthday Caroline! :)

Love this idea. i gotta get me a half birthday. It's all about me, you know!

Lisa said...

Happy Half Birthday, Caroline! I didn't realize you and Natalie shared a birthday. Yesterday she turned Two and a Half! =)

Andria said...

what a great idea! I LOVE the half birthday cake! Dellaina's birthday is near Christmas, so we've talked about trying to institute a half birthday party for her anyway. .

Happy Half-Birthday, Caroline! She is sooo beautiful and happy in that picture. And I can really see you in her in it, too, Suzanna!

Yes, it just keeps getting better and better! Some really amazing things are going to take place in the next 6 months.