Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Girl on the run...

Well, she's not running, but she's definitely mobile. After a lot of lessons from Daddy,this is what Caroline can do.

It is a combination of combat crawling and awkward-calf-on-all-fours crawling. It's pretty cute. I love to watch that skinny little bottom pop up in the air and start moving, but the only incentives that will do the trick are non-toys. None of the bright, colorful, music playing things are worth crawling for. Only forbidden fruit like cell phones, camera cases, and remote controls are worth the effort. Stay tuned for more of our on-the-move adventures!

6 comments:

Sandy P said...

You know life is really never the same when they can move! It is fun though!

Valerie said...

Yeah Caroline! What a fun new stage and adventure. And I think it's the forbidden fruit that truly gets all kids motivated to move, why is that?

Whitlamy said...

She's definitely on the go. Welcome to the world of "Man, it was a lot easier when they didn't move!!!"

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I can not believe she's already old enough to start crawling! I have to disagree with Amy, though, I found life so much better once Madeline was walking...yes, you have to make sure everything is safe...but you can also say "go get Mommy your shoes...." etc etc etc and not have to quite wait on them hand and foot anymore!
;)

Anonymous said...

Miss Caroline, Gogo is so proud of you. I got tears in my eyes watching you crawling - you did it!! Love you Lil Pumpkin, Gogo Polly

Angel said...

Hi there Mike and Suzanna - I'm an old friend of Mike's from FSU (church and AKPsi) and I just have to tell you that this video brought back so many happy memories of my daughter just a few short years ago! I remember this crawl like it was yesterday and so many other things that you posted about, like tearing out the hairbows, and storytimes. I was in a really grouchy mood just now but seeing this put everything in perspective and made me remember again how fast kids really do grow up and now I'm all feeling lovey dovey towards my own kids again so thank you for sharing your blog! Check out ours when you get a chance! Love, Angel & Bryan Perkins