Thursday, October 2, 2008

Look, Ma! No Fingers!

This video of Caroline eating breakfast this morning may not look remarkable if you haven't seen her eat before...


but the absence of her two middle fingers in her mouth after each bite is a major accomplishment! A couple of weeks ago, I started holding her left hand so that she couldn't put her fingers in her mouth for a couple of bites at each meal. We worked up to meals with more bites without her fingers than with. Now, as evidenced above, I don't even have to hold her hand. She eats on her own without even trying to use her fingers!

But, old habits die hard, and when the going gets rough (and the pears get too thick)...



That's ok--you've come a long way, baby!

3 comments:

HP said...

She's so cute. Maybe I should start putting my fingers in my mouth after each bite. I bet I would eat much less.

Steve, Monica, Lacie and Nathan Allen said...

Lacie loved watching Caroline in action! We miss you all terribly!!!

Sandy P said...

Way to go. That is a huge improvement since last week. How did she do with the puffs?

For the record, my house would never be that quiet.