Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beach Bums

Because it is rare that this side of the family is all together at once, we decided to have Mike's cousin snap some family photos on the beach during our visit. It's funny how my standards for "good photos" have changed now that there are babies around. If the lighting and background is nice, everyone is looking at or in the approximate direction of the camera, and no one is crying, I consider it a great photo--no matter how unflattering it might be to me. That's the case with these...I think they are awesome despite the fact I don't think I'd win any beauty contests. The whole family

Gogo and her grandbabies

The Allen Family

It is so much fun to compare this to the pictures we took a couple of years ago in the same spot wearing the same clothes...of course the clothes are a little tighter and we look a little worse for the wear, but it is all worth that third little person in the front!

Some close ups of that third little person:
And her cousins
Lacie had quite a job holding both babies...she didn't let go (or look away from the camera) no matter what!

7 comments:

JABraley said...

VERY CUTE and I think you still look great! I love the Allen family picture with Lacie having her fist under her chin - quite the little model :)

Angel said...

catching up! love all the pictures...what a beautiful sunset and beautiful family! happy you had fun and happy you're back safely!

Whitlamy said...

They're fantastic of everyone!!

Bill & Stacie said...

I love these photos, especially of Caroline. She keeps getting cuter and seems like she is getting such a personality.

Valerie said...

What great pictures - and I love the new picture in the blog header.

Lisa said...

That TONGUE! I love it! Looks like you had a great time!

A Cincy Mama said...

Fun, fun pictures. Can't wait to get my hands on that little gal. Cutest beach bum around, to be sure.