Thursday, July 31, 2008

Odds and Ends

  • For those of you that asked after seeing this post--no, we did not take a full wooden cradle to West Palm for Caroline to sleep in. I'm not that prepared. You may remember from this post that Mike and all the kids in his generation used it, and now all of their babies are using it. His Aunt Martha called before our trip and asked us to bring it back for a "friend" to use. A friend wants to use a 40 year old cradle that has only sentimental value in our family? Sounded suspicious. We were excited to find out once we got there that actually Mike's cousin, Tarrah, is having a baby in January! Congratulations, Tarrah and Jesse!

And just a little nostalgia...here is a picture I took the first time we put Caroline in it...


and the last time--right before we loaded it in the car.


  • Thanks, Amy, for adjusting the picture above for the header. I (and all of Amy's friends) am spoiled by her generosity with her time and talents!
  • Caroline and I are busy today as we get ready for an exciting weekend! Gogo is coming tonight so that she will be here for Caroline's baby dedication on Sunday and a family lunch at our house afterwards. We are very excited about publicly dedicating ourselves to raising Caroline to know and love the Lord!

1 comment:

Sandy P said...

That one looks a lot like the one we have. It started with my sister, then me, then 3 of my cousins, one of my mom's friends, my neice and nephew, Carson and Macie. I don't know if it will make to to another generation, but we will try to make it last.