Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rock...and roll!

Caroline had two big firsts today! This morning she went to her first "rock" concert. While she wasn't able to dance along to Miss Gail and the Jumpin' Jam Band like the bigger kids, she did seem to enjoy the lights, music, and movement.


Our friends Eli, Abby, and Jake were able to get their groove on, though.
(Ok, so no one is dancing in these pictures, but they were all dancing fools at one point or another.)

And, then, as if that weren't enough excitement for one day, Caroline came home after all that rock and did her first roll! Mike and I have spent quite a bit of time cheering her on, laid out in a sea of toys just out of her reach, as she tried to roll over. Today we went through the same drill before giving up and letting her do tummy time on her own. Mike had laid back to take a nap, and I was on the phone when, out of nowhere, Caroline just flipped over on her back, unassisted. I watched her do it, but it didn't even register at first. Mike had to point it out. Now he claims she's probably done it ten times already, but I just didn't notice. I don't think so...I think she just needed a little rock to make her roll.

7 comments:

Leslie L. said...

Yea, Caroline! She looks so cute in her "C" onesie, too.

Valerie said...

yeah Caroline.... they always love doing those things when they think you aren't looking. Megan rolled like a fool for a month, then up and refused for months and months and months... literally. She finally started to roll both directions 2 weeks before she crawled. I think she was just teasing me. I knew she could do it because I had seen her - she just didn't feel the need to prove anything to me. Enjoy all those moments - they are so fun!!!! I'm loving watching you guys go through it and hearing all about it!

Josh and Donna said...

how fun! another blog to stalk! :o) it's so great to "see" you again and your sweet baby is PRECIOUS!

Alaskiana said...

That's my girl! You know her AK friend over here loves to break it down!!

And congrats on the roll - what fun!!

Jenn said...

Hi there! I am loving hearing about your adventures and keeping up with you guys!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much she has changed since we saw her! We love you all and hopefully can catch up this summer! Love, The Hayman's

gilly said...

hey go look at my friend Katie McIver Green's blog..You might remember her from her freshman year in college, anways's her blog is titled (the green family new blog) in my list and she has an interstate stopped story like we did...remember back in the day going to Nashville to see Laurie and we got stopped but you had ALL those happy meal toys and were handing them out to the kids near by...sadly I think I took a nap... ha ha fun memories...