Friday, April 4, 2008

Don't Call DFACS

The position of Caroline's swing in our living room yesterday (note the proximity to the door of the tv cabinet):

The position of Carolines's swing in our living room today (note the free space around the swing):


You can probably guess what happened. After lots of tears (primarily mine--only a few of Caroline's) and a call to each of our moms, Mike and I decided that the knock to Caroline's noggin (as I lifted her from the swing, if you didn't guess) was nothing to worry about. And I was relieved this morning when the little red mark and scrape were completely invisible. So, feeling like a fit parent again, I decided to trim her razor-like little nails so she would stop scraping herself (and me) all the time. After hearing horror stories, I was SUPER careful not to cut her or trim too low. Ironically, the trim went well, but as I turned her over on her back afterwards, I scraped her head with MY fingernail...and drew blood.

Maybe all of this is good training for all of those immunizations she's gonna have to get next week. Oh, how I'm dreading that!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh my, I totally understand the scratching part. I actually have to take off my engagement/wedding rings when I give Megan a bath now. She's so "active" that I've scratched her several times and drawn blood - so it's just easier to take them off and avoid the fear of scratching her again.

Angie said...

She is a beautiful little girl.
Angie