Thursday, April 3, 2008

Kissin' Cousins

Caroline and I had tons of fun today with our cousins Katie, Julie, and little Ellie. Katie and Julie (and a few years later, little sister Jill) and I grew up together only a few miles apart. Katie is the oldest of her sisters--I was born nine months before her, and we have been reaching major milestones together ever since. I am proud to say it was my example that encouraged her to use the potty, but it was, in part, her example about 20 years later that encouraged me to be a teacher. We were engaged within days of one another, our weddings were only a few months apart, and we both learned last summer that we were pregnant with our first children. Now Julie, who always tagged along behind us as kids, took the lead and beat both of us to engagement, marriage, and motherhood--Ellie just turned two. But I guess she didn't want to miss the pregnancy experience with us--her second baby will be here this summer. This is a picture of the six of us at Christmas (plus my dad who saw the big bellies and assumed he was supposed to be in the shot as well):
Caroline is now "out", but Luke and Cole have a little longer to bake. So, while Ellie waits for her little brother and cousin to arrive, she is practicing on Caroline. She was very helpful today and gave lots of sugary kisses.



We had a full day of fun with the girls before coming home for Caroline's favorite activity:

No comments: