Saturday, April 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Uncle Evan

Caroline never got to meet her Uncle Evan, my little brother, because he died two years before she was born. He would have been 23 today.



Evan doing his favorite thing--fishing in Alaska.




My family the year before we lost Evan.




Caroline's first visit to Evan's grave. She left him an Easter basket with some notes from our family, and Mike and I told her a little bit about who he was.


Evan, I so wish you could have met our sweet Caroline. You would have adored her, and the feeling would have been mutual. She might have gotten in trouble from the tricks you taught her, but it would be worth the fun she'd have had. I'm hoping you crossed paths in Heaven before she got here. You're always on our minds and in our hearts.

6 comments:

Whitlamy said...

Thinking of you today. The missing is so hard, I'm sure.

Alaskiana said...

Love you guys!

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Evan. I love you!

A Cincy Mama said...

Happy Birthday, Evan. Lots of love to you, Suzy-Q. Your parents, too. I love you guys.

Unknown said...

You post today was so sweet. I know that Caroline would have adored her uncle evan and will one day get into trouble with him in Heaven (can you get "into trouble" in Heaven ?!?!? :) )
you're in our thoughts and prayers!

HP said...

Hi Sluzy, I was thinking of you and your family so much yesterday on Evan's birthday. You are a such a good big sister. Love you! (and ps...yes, I did take all of those pictures of the trees on my blog)