Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Home, Sweet Home

Granny's three week stay at the nursing home (that I mentioned in a post last week) was cut short as the quality of care at the nursing home became less and less impressive. My parents and aunt and uncle have decided to help her recover at home, and she is glad to be back! Caroline and I are spending the night at my Granny and Pop's house tonight with them and my Aunt Judy and Uncle Bruce (who are staying here to help them out). It was fun to see Judy and Bruce--it had been a few weeks since we've seen them because they have been in Alaska visiting my cousins (their sons), Prentiss and Damon. (We are SUPER excited about a visit from Prentiss and his family in a couple of weeks!)

Caroline seemed very happy to catch up with her great Aunt Judy (who, by the way, is one of Caroline's namesakes--Judy's middle name, Ann, is part of the reason we chose "Anna" as Caroline's first name.)
She was very interested in what Uncle Bruce had to say as well.

Here's Pop on his laptop chatting online with some of his cyber buddies...Just kidding--but I was able to teach him to use the up and down arrow keys so that he could see this blog and scroll through pictures of Caroline.

When bedtime came, Caroline got to sleep in the cradle that both of my cousins, my brother, and I all used as babies. Now, the next generation of cousins, (Marin and Caroline--and Marin's soon-to-be little sister) use it when they visit Granny and Pop:
But there's an even cozier place that we all slept in as babies...and Caroline got to sleep there tonight too:

No comments: