Friday, April 11, 2008

A Double Grandma Day

Caroline and I took Grandmother and Gogo to lunch today at the Fickle Pickle in historic Roswell. I thought it would be a beautiful day that we would capture in beautiful photos that we would have forever. Well, my little fickle pickle was a little on the sour side and didn't really care about my beautiful photos. This is my happy baby in her pretty dress before we left: (Notice her dress--she is finally wearing some 0-3 clothes--it's a little big, but it works--woo hoo!) She slept happily while we ate, but when picture time came, she didn't want to cooperate. Mom tried to soothe her... And tried... And tried... We finally took a few pictures anyway. When we got home, the pickle was still pretty fickle. If she wasn't being held just the right way or her bow got touched or any little thing at all didn't go her way, she let us know! When Mike got home, we tried the photo shoot again, but no matter what we tried, she just wasn't in the mood. So ironic that once the cameras were put away and Caroline was in her least favorite spot (the pack-n-play all by herself, not even swaddled), she was all smiles and giggles. (Fortunately, the camera is never too far away!)


(Note: I realize this video is probably not terribly exciting to most people, but I could--and do--watch it over and over so I couldn't help but share.)

On a more somber note (speaking of grandparents), one of my closest friends, Laurie, called early this morning with some bittersweet news. Her grandfather, our beloved Papa Moore, finally met Jesus today. I grew up visiting Mama and Papa Moore with Laurie and was fortunate to have been able to spend a lot of time in the home of these sweet, godly people. As a leader in the church, a devoted husband, father, and grandfather, and a friend to many, his influence went far. We will all miss him very much.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

That was a sweet video! It's easy to see why you could spend all day just watching Caroline. And as for the Fickle Pickle - at least she let you eat! That's a blessing!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a crack up! You went to our family's restaurant. We are related to the owner's through my sister in law. We had William's shower in the barn behinnd the restaurant. Glad to see you all out and about. Loving the blog. Linda&Co.

Brittany said...

Well, I will tell you that the video was VERY popular over here. The kids I nanny for wanted to watch it over and over. I think we watched it 12 times! She is adorable, and I just want to pick her up and squeeze her! I'm so happy you are having such a great time being a mommy! You are doing a wonderful job.