Wednesday, April 9, 2008

We survived!

Today was the day I've been dreading--Immunization Day. Four shots and one oral. We prepared by giving her Infant Tylenol before we left, but, according to the nurse, that doesn't help.

This was my unsuspecting girl in the waiting room at the pediatrician's office before her shots:


Still no idea what was coming--just happily sucking away on her pacifier:


Ouch--the pacifier didn't help!


The nurse was great and finished quickly so I could pick her up. She acted pretty pitiful for a few minutes...


but recovered quickly and fell asleep. We went home to get Gogo and took a quick trip to the park...


until she looked like she had had enough.


We came home and broke all the rules--we put aside schedules and even safety sleeping rules (but watched her closely)--she gets the call the "shots" tonight!

8 comments:

Whitlamy said...

Shots are the pits, but luckily they're over fast. Now, she's off the hook for a couple of months. Too bad we missed you guys today as the fountains are literally right outside the door where the elevators take you up to your doctor's office.

Valerie said...

Poor thing. Just to encourage you - every time we get our shots (except for the ones today - which are totally different), it gets better and Megan recovers faster. I don't know if all kids are that way, but mine at least seems to recover much faster each time.

A Cincy Mama said...

I just LOVE that face. The "I'm done here" expression is priceless. I always hate the kiddos' shots, too. I feel like they're looking at me thinking "mama, how could you let them do that to me?!" Glad it's over so fast.

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable. I am so glad the shots went okay. I love the pictures!

HP said...

She has the cutest "I'm pitiful, I need lots of love" face of any baby I've ever seen. PS...you're the best blogger I know. Will you start writing mine for me?

Coffey blog said...

Those facial expressions were too funny! I enjoy your blog... you appear as though you've had practice at blogging before. :-)
All of these pics were great and all that you are going through with the staring, I remember doing the same thing. I was content just staring at her... watching her breath. The next few months are going to be so much fun seeing the changes in Caroline. Keep up the good work. I can tell you are a dedicated mom that seeks perfection.

Alaskiana said...

That pitiful picture is the best. You guys are getting some great shots!

Anonymous said...

Mom & Dad, that is cruel and unusual punishment - those nasty shots!! But, man am I glad you were both there with me to help me get through it - I LOVE YOU!! Gogo would have been there too, but still recouping from this nasty cold, she waited at home to go to the park. I love you, little one, and understand that "I've had it" look.